Week 18 - God Is More Than Enough!


"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may bodily say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."
Hebrews 13:5-6

"Covetous" is defined as: Having or showing a great desire to possess something, typically something belonging to someone else.

When we covet things we do not have, we are telling God that he has not given us what we need. 

When we openly complain about the things we do not have, we are telling others that God is not a good provider. Why would someone want to trust their life to Christ when all you portray is a life of want and sorrow?

God has told us, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Even if we had nothing left in this world but God, we would find that God is more than enough!!

Let me challenge you to desire Christ... He is all you need! Then we can say, "The Lord is my helper." Everything we have is because of Him. Let your life reflect the goodness of God. 

James 1:7 says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.." Rather than complain about the things you do not have, brag on God for the good and perfect things He has given you!! 



Labels: ,