Sunshine and Rainbows

While my relatives in Alaska are experiencing extreme sub-zero weather conditions this winter, the hubby and I have skipped winter all together. Tennessee has been unseasonably warm... I am not complaining though! I can handle the 67 degree temperatures in February. I love being able to walk outside with no coat and be completely comfortable. Originally from Michigan, I am not used to such luxuries, but I'll take them! 

A couple days ago, I was feeling bad because my dog Max had been in the house all day, so I decided to take him for a walk. To my surprise, when I opened the door it was raining. Sunshine while raining? Odd if you ask me! As I started searching the skies for the culprit of the sprinkling rain that was going to ruin our walk, I noticed the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen! The pictures do not do it justice, but take my word for it when I tell you that the colors were incredibly vibrant and you could follow it from beginning to end. If there was a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, I would have found it! 

My hubby came bounding in the garage door and said, "Oh, I'm glad you saw it" as he found me standing at our back door with our Canon 5D Mark ii in hand. I had already snapped about 20 pictures before he even walked in the door. hehe...

Little photography hint: If you want to make sure you get the perfect picture, take a ton of them!!!

As I was standing there, snapping pictures, and being in complete awe of the rainbow, I realized that I was focused on the rainbow and not on the maker of the rainbow! I am so thankful for the small daily reminders that God gives us to show His love for us. The beauty of His creation just takes my breath away!

Not only does the rainbow show God's love for us by giving us something beautiful to look at, but it also shows us how faithful He is to keep His promises. The rainbow was a sign from God to Noah that He would never flood the earth again. This is just one visible sign of God keeping His promises, but he is always faithful and just!


Thank you Lord for daily reminders of your constant love and kept promises!


Can you see the double rainbow?!? Magnificent!


The clouds started to roll in and the rainbow began to fade, but the clouds were just as beautiful as the rainbow. I love nature!

Labels: