My Father's Way

I read this poem this morning while reading the book "When the Will of God is a Bitter Cup." I thought I would share it with you because the message is very powerful and true. I am so thankful that He knows the way and that my God makes no mistakes!

My Father's Way

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heard may throb and ache;
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away;
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Tho' night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll simply trust,
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will list
And plain it all He'll make;
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

- A.M. Overton

Labels: ,