Blue Ball Mason Jars - Endless Possibilities

Ever since I was little, my mom used to take me antiquing, and since then I have been hooked. I love it when I am able to mix the old with the new. It feel as if I am able to preserve a piece of history. When I look at an antique, I like to think of the hands that have used it, where it's been, and what it's story is. I may never know any of these things, but it still thrills me to find a place in my home for an antique. It is like giving it new life!

Sometimes I lack creativity when it comes to certain items I love, but thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to find a use for these blue Ball Mason jars. I had fun antiquing with my mom and grandma while I was home over the holidays, and I will always remember the fun we had while I was searching for these bottles.

How to tell an old bottle from the new(er)

I asked an antique dealer once how you determine which bottles are older than others, he informed me that if the bottle has a "lip" that the cap lines up with once it is screwed on, this is a new(er) bottle. If the cap meets up with the bottle itself when it is screwed on, then the bottle is much older. As you can see in the pictures below, the caps on the bottles I found meet up with the bottle itself.

Happy antiquing!! 



Labels: